Chandra Brown, ARNP, FNP-C, offers Chronic Pain Management services on the 1st Monday, 2nd Friday, and 3rd and 4th Monday of each month.
The following services are available at DCH:
- Chronic pain medication management, for a diagnosis that has lasted longer than 3 months with failed attempts of natural approach or NSAIDs.
- Guidance on using NSAIDs, Gabapentin/Lyrica, muscle relaxers, lotions/creams.
- Referral and advice for the use of ancillary services including physical therapy, labs, radiology, drug screenings, etc.
- The clinic will have a focus on muscle/skeletal disorders; cervical pain w/wo radiculopathy, thoracic pain, lumbar pain w/wo radiculopathy, SI joint dysfunction, chronic hip pain, chronic knee pain, myofascial pain, muscle tension, muscle spasms and fibromyalgia.
- Injection regimen, physical therapy services, chiropractic therapies, massage therapy, dry needling therapy and psychotherapy for patients with mental aspect included.
- New imaging on all new patients. Patients will need updated imaging within 3-5 years.
- Trigger point injections for myofascial pain; using Bupivacaine and/or Depo-Medrol/Kenalog. Dr. Brown is able to perform trigger point injections for increased muscle pain, headaches (TPI for cervical), lateral thigh for meralgia paresthetica, and lumbar muscle pain.
- Assistance to Fibromyalgia patients utilizing non-narcotic options to decrease pain. Narcotics are not recommended for patients with Fibromyalgia. The use of Lyrica and Trigger point injections are ideal.
- Referrals to physician for interventions (pain pumps, neural stimulators, etc.) and injections for lumbar ESI, cervical ESI, facet joint injections, SIJ injections, median branch blocks with possible radiofrequency, etc.
If you feel you can benefit from Chandra’s services, call our Outpatient Clinic at 641-446-2285 to schedule your appointment. A referral is not necessary.