Skilled Care services help to provide a helpful transition between any hospital and your home. It’s your right to recover in the facility of your choice. If you or a loved one would be best served recovering in Decatur County, you can request to be referred to Decatur County hospital and utilize our Skilled Care service. We accept referrals from ANY hospital, and will work with your insurance provider.
Our program provides useful tools and help you practice new habits in a safe, secure environment. Our goal is to get you back to your previous level of function before being referred to our program.
Patients in this program typically require physical or occupational therapy for up to 60 minutes per day. Services are provided 7 days per week. Skilled Nursing staff at DCH provide services for patients who need:
- Assistance with acute medical conditions
- Stroke recovery
- Wound care
- Care after surgery
- IV antibiotics
- Recovery from cardiac conditions as a result of stent placement, a heart attack, or open heart surgery
In addition to providing transitional services at DCH, we’ll help you prepare to go home and thrive by providing:
- Rehabilitation (physical therapy, occupational therapy, speech therapy, and cardiac rehab when applicable)
- Assistance in acquiring home health care and medical equipment
- Physician referral and appointments (some of which are possible right here at DCH!)
During your stay at DCH, we can provide the following amenities:
- In-room dining to order from our on-site cafeteria
- Private room with in-room bathroom facilities
- 24-hour staffing with qualified nurses and medical professionals
If you or a loved one need assistance transitioning from the hospital to your home, DCH is proud to offer high-quality, personalized Skilled Care services close to home. We’ll make you as comfortable as possible during your stay, and ensure you have top care to help you recover safely and get home sooner.
Contact Melanie Hamaker or Jen Barker at 641-446-4871 to learn more.
“My name is Peggy Hamilton. I’ve been a patient at Decatur County Hospital in many aspects including: inpatient, outpatient, and infusion – totaling 48 days.
The staff at Decatur County Hospital from Housekeeping, Dietary, Nursing, Emergency Room staff, Social Services, the providers to Cardiac Rehab are all very accommodating and friendly and I have learned a lot. Without our local hospital, I would have had to travel to Des Moines for my daily infusions.
We as a community are very fortunate to have Decatur County Hospital and the services that are provided. I’m very thankful for our local hospital and all who have provided care to me.”