The laboratory at Decatur County Hospital is equipped to provide inpatient, outpatient, and emergency lab services for the community using state of the art equipment. DCH provides diagnostic testing for non-emergent outpatient patients Monday through Friday from 7:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The following are some of the services that the DCH laboratory provides:
- Hematology (hemoglobin, CBC)
- Chemistry (cardiac, thyroid, liver, kidney)
- Coagulation (PT/INR)
- Blood transfusion services (Lifeserve Blood Center)
- Arterial blood gases (carbon monoxide)
- Pre-employment urine drug screen collection (by appointment)
- Therapeutic phlebotomy (by appointment)
There is no need to schedule an appointment for these outpatient services, just show up with your signed order during our outpatient services hours listed above. If you would like to schedule an appointment for a DOT or Non-DOT drug screen or therapeutic phlebotomy, please contact our scheduling department at (641) 446-4871, it would be our pleasure to serve you.