Women's Pelvic Floor Therapy
As we work to provide services most needed for our community, we continue to expand the offerings in our women’s health clinic. New to DCH is a Women’s Pelvic Floor Therapy program. Through a partnership between our Gynecologist Dr. Earle M. Pescatore, Jr., DO, MHA, FACOG, and our Occupational Therapist Taylor Kohlwey, OTR/L, CLT, Decatur County Hospital offers Women’s Pelvic Floor Therapy services to women in our community.
Our program may help with the following pelvic floor dysfunctions:
- Urogynecological pain syndromes:
- Difficulty with intimacy or insertion of devices used during menstrual cycle
- Chronic pelvic pain
- Vulvar pain
- Interstitial cystitis/painful bladder syndrome
- Urinary and voiding conditions such as:
- Stress incontinence–loss of urine on physical exertion (cough, sneeze, laugh, sports)
- Urge incontinence –loss of urine associated with urgency
- Nocturnal enuresis: loss of urine during sleep
- Coital incontinence: loss of urine during coitus
- Fecal incontinence
- Coccyx pain
- Pudendal Neuralgia
To find out if you might benefit from Pelvic Floor Therapy, click here to view a list of screening questions. If you check three or more items, you might have pelvic floor dysfunction. If you feel you could benefit from our Women’s Pelvic Floor Therapy program, call us at 641-446-2285 to schedule an appointment, or call 641-446-2219 if you have questions about the process.
ABOUT THIS VIDEO
In the video, Dr. Dr. Earle M. Pescatore, Jr., DO, MHA, FACOG, Gynecologist and Board-Certified in Female Pelvic Medicine and Reconstructive Surgery; and Taylor Kohlwey, Occupational Therapist, discuss the Women’s Pelvic Floor Therapy Program now available at Decatur County Hospital.
To learn more, and take a short assessment, click here to visit our Women’s Pelvic Floor Therapy page.
If you feel you could benefit from our Women’s Pelvic Floor Therapy Program, call us at 641-446-2285 to schedule an appointment in our Women’s Health clinic. Or, call 641-446-2219 if you have questions about the therapy process.