Decatur County Hospital general and vascular surgery services offers same day and inpatient services with advanced technologies, close to home. DCH offers a wide range of surgical services including:
- Abdominal wall hernias, umbilical hernias, inguinal hernia – open and laparoscopic
- Breast biopsy, mastectomy, lumpectomy
- All skin lesions and skin cancers – biopsy and excision
- All laparoscopic procedures including gall bladder, appendix, and colon resection
- Advanced laparoscopic procedures inclusive of Nissen Fundoplication for Gerd and hiatal hernia
- All colon resections, including diverticular and colon cancer indications
- All endoscopy – upper (EGD) and lower endoscopic (colonoscopy) with intervention
- Diagnosis and treatment of all vascular disease – arterial and venous
- Endovascular, minimal invasive, stent, “roto-rooter,” and balloon angioplasty of all vessels
- Surgical bypass for blocked blood vessels
- All hemodialysis access – vascular fistula and peritonel
- Venous ablation and pulebectomy for varicose veins
The state-of-the-art rooms at DCH remain equipped with advanced technology for patients to receive the best quality care. We have an integrated surgical suite and fully equipped endoscopy suite which are available and allow timely scheduling for patient and surgeon convenience.
Other specialty providers also offer surgical services at Decatur County Hospital, including:
- Ear, Nose and Throat: adenoids, ear tubes, tonsils
- Orthopedic: total joint replacement, artificial joint replacement, fracture care, foot and ankle injuries, hand surgery (including Carpal Tunnel and Finger Trigger Release), knee arthroscopy, shoulder surgery, sports injuries
- Podiatry: ankle fracture, bunions, ganglion, heel spur, soft tissue injury
- Spine/Neck: back pain, neck pain, vertebrae injuries
EDWIN WEHLING, DO
Dr. Wehling is board certified in General Surgery by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery. He received his medical degree from Arizona State University and Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ in 2002. He completed his residency training in General, Thoracic, and Trauma Surgery at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit and his fellowship training in Vascular Surgery at the University of North Texas, Dallas/Fort Worth.
Dr. Wehling has extensive experience in general and thoracic surgery, endoscopy, modern vascular open and endovascular techniques, vascular access procedures, wound management, and Level One trauma management.
Dr. Wehling and his wife Christel have two sons and live on a farm near Mt. Ayr, Iowa. He has a passion for the outdoors and loves to hunt and fish.
ABOUT THIS VIDEO
In this video, you’ll hear from Bonnie Clark, a Leon resident who had a successful cancer treatment at Decatur County Hospital in Leon, Iowa.