As a woman, you have specific health needs, which require special care. To provide exceptional women’s health care, close to home, DCH offers a weekly Women’s Health Outpatient Clinic. Our team provides diagnosis, treatment and support for unique and complicated health issues including:
- Aesthetic issues
- Pelvic floor prolapse
- Pelvic pain
Dr. Earle M. Pescatore, Jr., DO, MHA, FACOG
Dr. Pescatore earned his Bachelor of Arts degree from William Penn University, his Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine from Nova Southeastern University and his Masters of Health Administration at A.T. Still University. Dr. Pescatore began his career as a battalion surgeon for the 4th Battalion, 12th Regimental Marines and went on to focus his career in gynecology and urogynecology.
Dr. Pescatore’s achievements are many and include committee involvement, assistant professor, consultant, clinical trial studies, presentations, leadership positions, research and many awards.
Dr. Pescatore focuses on pelvic floor disorders and aesthetics. He is daVinci Robot trained and can perform many surgeries with the assistance of the robot to offer smaller incisions, faster healing time and decreased pain.
Women’s Health Clinic Services
Dr. Pescatore provides the following services, both on site at Decatur County Hospital, and in special cases at Wayne County Hospital in Corydon.
- Aesthetic Services including labiaplasty, vaginoplasty, clitoral hood reduction and bioidentical hormone therapy pellets
- Breast care services
- Menopause counseling and management
- Gynecological wellness exams, contraceptive counseling, fibroid consultations, ultrasounds, ablations, hysterectomies
- Urogynecology Services including urinary incontinence, fecal incontinence, Botox for the bladder, pelvic pain, pelvic prolapse, urodynamics, cystoscopy and much more.
- Women’s primary care and preventative healthcare coordination
Gynecologic Services deal with the health of the female reproductive systems (vagina, uterus and ovaries) and the breasts. An important part of maintaining your best health is getting regular gynecologic care from your first exam through menopause.
Our medical team provides personal and compassionate care for wide range of women’s services:
- Abnormal pap smears
- Annual screenings
- Breast exams
- Cancer screenings
- Ectopic pregnancies
- Evaluation and treatment of menopause
- Evaluation and treatment of menstrual irregularities
- Family planning including contraceptive advice and management
- IUD placement & removal
- LEEP procedures
- Menopause symptoms
- Pap smears
- Pelvic exams
- Pelvic pain
- Pelvic organ prolapse treatment
- Permanent sterilization
- Evaluation and treatment of urological disorders
- Uterine fibroids
- Urinary incontinence
- Evaluation and treatment of vaginal infections
- Well-woman exams
Surgery Specific to Women We perform surgical procedures on the female reproductive system. This area includes major and minor surgeries for conditions such as infertility, incontinence, abnormal uterine bleeding and pelvic pain.
- Cystectomy (removal of cyst)
- Diagnostic laparoscopy
- Hysterectomy (removal of uterus)
- Lapraoscopic-assisted vaginal hysterectomy
- Laparoscopic tubal ligation
- Laparoscopic supracervical hysterectomy
- Oophorectomy (removal of ovary)
- Repair of pelvic organ prolapse
- Salpingectomy (removal of Fallopian tube)
- Total laparoscopic hysterectomy
- Total vaginal hysterectomy
- Treatment of urinary incontinence
Urogynecology is a subspecialty of gynecology that focuses on female urinary incontinence and pelvic prolapse, both of which can occur following childbirth, and as we age.
For more information about the DCH Women’s Health clinic, call 641-446-2285.