On November 18th, Decatur County Hospital celebrates National Rural Health Day. This day is set aside to recognize the great service that rural health care organizations provide each and every day. We’re proud to be your local hospital, and we strive every day to continue to evolve to meet the needs of our community.
Each day at DCH, we work on creative solutions to maintain your local hospital so we can continue to provide the best care possible while saving you a trip to “the big city.” We support our community members by offering convenient access to services such as:
- 15 Outpatient Specialty Clinics. Save the hassle of driving far from home for specialty care, and see our specialists for high-quality, compassionate care. Our services include many that are not available elsewhere in our region such as neurology, spine/neck surgery, women’s health services, orthopedic surgery (including total joint replacements), urology, chronic pain management, rheumatology, and more.
- Rehabilitation Services. Our rehab team creates customized plans to help you improve your daily function, or recover from an injury or surgery. In addition to traditional rehab services, we offer many specialty rehab programs such as pediatric rehab, women’s pelvic floor therapy, and LSVT Big & Loud for those living with Parkinson’s disease. To meet the needs of our community, we not only offer rehab appointments during regular business hours, but also accommodate appointments during morning and evening hours to meet your schedule.
- Surgical Services. Our highly-trained surgeons provide on-site surgeries in an up-to-date surgical suite. Surgeries available on site include: general; vascular; spine and neck (include spinal cord stimulators); orthopedic (including total joint replacements); urology; gynecology; ears, nose and throat; and podiatry.
- Infusions and Cancer Care. The DCH infusion team has advanced education to provide the most qualified and experienced care to you and your family. Specially trained registered nurses administer infusion therapy and chemotherapy with compassionate, personalized care in a relaxed and comfortable setting.
- Skilled Care. These services help to provide a transition between any hospital and your home, offered in a convenient location close to family, friends, and other loved ones. If you or a loved one would be best served recovering in Decatur County, you can request to be referred to Decatur County Hospital for skilled care. We accept referrals from ANY hospital, and will work with your insurance provider.
- Decatur County Health Care Courtesy Van. In partnership with other health care agencies in Decatur County, this free transportation service is available for Decatur County residents who have a healthcare appointment at Decatur County Hospital, Community Health Centers of Southern Iowa (Leon and Lamoni locations), Decatur County Public Health, and dental facilities in the county. The van also offers free rides to pharmacies in Decatur County to pick up prescriptions. This service was implemented as a direct result of public input, and addresses a major issue with transportation for Decatur County residents.
- Senior Life Solutions. This unique opportunity is an intensive outpatient group counseling program designed to meet the unique needs of older adults over the age of 65 struggling with depression and anxiety often related to aging.
And there is more to come. As we continue to evolve to meet the needs of our community, we’re entering an exciting phase to add an extended Outpatient Clinic to our facility. The expanded space will serve our 15 Outpatient Clinics, and allow us to continue to grow those services so you have convenient access to specialists who provide the care you deserve.
As we recognize and celebrate National Rural Health Day, we also want to say thank you. Thank you to all of our fellow community members throughout Decatur County who support us, use our services, and give feedback to help us continue to evolve and provide the services you need. We are proud to be your local hospital, and we’re honored that we have the opportunity to serve you.