The Decatur County Hospital Surgery Department offers outpatient and inpatient services with advanced technologies, close to home. DCH offers a wide range of surgical services including:
- Endoscopy: esophagogastroduonoscopy, colonoscopy
- General: hernias, appendectomy, lesions, biopsies,temporal artery biopsy
- Laparoscopic: appendix, colon, gall bladder, hernia, Nissen procedure
- Vascular: arterial venous fistula creation or revision, femoral artery stenting and bypasses, femoral popliteal bypasses, endovascular surgical cases, leg revascularization
The state-of-the-art rooms at DCH are equipped with advanced technology for patients to receive the best quality care. Save the time and hassle of traveling to a big city for your routine surgical procedure. Stay close to home, and receive exceptional care at Decatur County Hospital in Leon, Iowa.
To learn more, call us at 641-446-2285.
Our Surgery Team
Dr. Edwin Wehling is board certified in General Surgery by the American Osteopathic Board of Surgery. He received his medical degree from Arizona State University and Arizona College of Osteopathic Medicine, Midwestern University, Glendale, AZ in 2002. He completed his residency training in General, Thoracic, and Trauma Surgery at Henry Ford Hospital, Detroit and his fellowship training in Vascular Surgery at the University of North Texas, Dallas/Fort Worth.
Dr. Wehling has extensive experience in general and thoracic surgery, endoscopy, modern vascular open and endovascular techniques, vascular access procedures, wound management, and Level One trauma management.
Dr. Wehling and his wife Christel have two sons and live on a farm near Mt. Ayr, Iowa. He has a passion for the outdoors and loves to hunt and fish.
Certified Surgical Tech – 1st Assist
Other specialty providers also offer surgical services at Decatur County Hospital, including:
- Ear, Nose and Throat: adenoids, ear tubes, tonsils
- Orthopedic: total joint replacement, artificial joint replacement, fracture care, foot and ankle injuries, hand surgery (including Carpal Tunnel and Finger Trigger Release), knee arthroscopy, shoulder surgery, sports injuries
- Podiatry: ankle fracture, bunions, ganglion, heel spur, soft tissue injury
- Spine/Neck: back pain, neck pain, vertebrae injuries
We can not accept insurance through Missouri Medicaid.