Dear Valued Patient:
Decatur County Hospital is open to care for your needs even during these uncertain times.
Beginning this week, Governor Reynolds implemented new regulations which allow us to resume delivering exceptional care, close to home in our Outpatient Clinic. If you had a previously scheduled appointment with one of our providers, we will be contacting you to set up a new appointment. We ask that you please be patient with us as we work to meet the needs of all of our patients.
As we welcome you back into our facility, please note that we will be continuing enhanced safety practices to protect you and our staff against COVID-19. These policies include:
- Health screenings, including temperature and symptom checks, upon arrival for all patients.
- Daily health screenings, including temperature and symptom checks, for all staff members.
- Frequent deep cleaning and sanitation.
- Ultraviolet (UV) disinfection used in multiple areas.
- Personal protective equipment including masks for all patients and staff.
At this time, all visitor restrictions will remain in place. As we navigate our evolving safety protocols due to COVID-19, we want to clarify our visitor policy. No visitors are allowed in our Emergency Room or Outpatient Clinic. Only those patients who are being treated will be allowed in those areas. In our Medical/Surgical area, we will allow one (1) visitor per patient. This visitor must remain the same throughout the entire patient stay. The person selected as the patient’s visitor will be allowed to visit between the hours of 7 am and 4 pm, must wear a face mask at all times while they are within the building, and movement will be restricted to entering and exiting the building and visiting the patient in his or her room. The visitor will not be allowed in any other areas of the building.
The current status of our Outpatient Clinics is as follows:
Fully operational and seeing patients:
- Chronic Pain with Chandra Brown
- Dermatology with Ashley Brown
- ENT with Dr. Stephen Griffith
- Gynecology/Uro-Gynecology with Dr. Earle Pescatore
- General/Vascular Surgery with Dr. Ed Wehling
- Neurology with Dr. Maher Loutfi
- Oncology/Hematology with Dr. Zeeshan Jawa
- Orthopedic Surgery with Dr. Jay Strittholt
- Pain Management with Dr. Jay Brewer
- Podiatry with Dr. Randy Metzger
- Rheumatology with Libby Allen
- Urology with Dr. Brian Gallagher
For questions on the status of these clinics, please call us at 641-446-2285:
- Cardiology with Dr. Joel From (updated as of May 6, 2020: Dr. From will resume seeing patients on June 8th)
- Pulmonology with Dr. Daniel Dodge, Dr. James Mallen, and Dr. Matthew Trump (updated as of May 6, 2020: Drs. Dodge, Mallen and Trump will resume seeing patients on June 4th)
We will continue to monitor and comply with recommendations from national, state, and local public health officials to maintain a safe environment for our patients, staff and providers.
If you have any questions regarding the status of your appointment in one of our Outpatient Clinics, call us at 641-446-2285.
Thank you for your continued support of Decatur County Hospital. We will continue to do everything we can to deliver exceptional care, close to home.
Mike Johnston, CEO
Decatur County Hospital
Updated May 6, 2020