Friends of Decatur County Hospital Organization Offers $2,000 Scholarship
March 20, 2023
Friends of Decatur County Hospital (formerly DCH Auxiliary) has announced a $2,000 scholarship opportunity! Qualified applicants are:
- Second year or further into a health-care educational program
- Resident of Decatur County (disregarding location of school)
- Or currently employed by any health care facility in the county (regardless of current residence.
- If current submitter has not been in school for a while, but would like to return and further their healthcare education, this would qualify for an application.
Deadline for submission of completed applications: June 15, 2023.
Recipient will be awarded at the Decatur County Fair, and must then provide information necessary for $2,000 check to be made out and mailed to the appropriate educational institution for the following term.
The following information is needed on your application for the $2000.00 scholarship that will be awarded at the Decatur County Fair, in Leon, Iowa.
- Phone numbers (cell and home):
- Email Address:
- Previous Employment:
- Description of your Course of Study:
- Name, Address, and Phone of Medical Institution you are attending currently:
List your past/present leadership experiences and service involvements
- *Please include transcripts from your prior year in this course of study.
- *Please include two instructor/advisor letters of recommendation, and one personal non-related letter recommendation
- * What are your plans upon completing your education, and add any additional information about yourself that would interest the scholarship committee. (250-300 words.)
Send completed application to:
Decatur County Hospital
Friends of DCH Scholarship Application
C/O Shannon Erb
1405 NW Church Street
Leon, IA 50144