Friends of Decatur County Hospital Organization Offers $2,000 Scholarship
June 1, 2022
Friends of Decatur County Hospital (formerly DCH Auxiliary) has announced a $2,000 scholarship opportunity! Qualified applicants are:
- Second year or further into a health-care educational program.
- Resident of Decatur County (disregarding location of school) – OR – Currently employed by any health facility in the county (regardless of current residence).
- If current submitter has not been in school for a while, but would like to return and further their healthcare education, this would qualify for an application.
Deadline for submission of completed applications: June 30, 2022.
Recipient will be awarded at the Decatur County Fair, and must then provide information necessary for $2,000 check to be made out and mailed to the appropriate educational institution for the following term.
In your application letter, provide:
- Your name, address, phone number, and e-mail address
- A description of your course of study
- The name of your educational institution, and the institution’s address and phone number
- Details of any existing or prior scholarships received
- A transcript w/GPA from prior year(s) course of study
In a short essay, please tell us about your career goals, and past and present community involvement.
Attach (or send separately) 2 letters of recommendation from the following: current professor/instructor, community person, and a non-related peer.
Send completed application to:
Decatur County Hospital
Friends of DCH Scholarship Chairman
1405 NW Church Street
Leon, IA 50144
Recipient must provide information necessary for $2,000 check to be sent to appropriate educational institution.